Patriotic Picture of the day

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Beware the ides of March.

Hello my fellow Americans,

Wow. Can you believe that it's already March?! March. It was a crazy February and polls and calendars show that that March is going to be even crazier, or "mad" as the case may be.

The last time we spoke, I had just met Rick Santorum. Wow- it's been a while. Where should I begin?

I guess I can start with saying that politics is such a volatile game. Just when you think one thing is going one way there it goes in the other direction. Crazy.

Let's start by looking at Gingrich, he had his moment but now people are asking "Wait- Newt who?" According to a RCP poll average he's up nine points in Georgia, his home state.

Romney, again something we can just never be too sure of, he's been scared by the Santorum campaign and rightly so, Santorum won three primaries in one night! However, Romney won Arizona and Michigan on Tuesday.

Santorum, yes he's still the guy I want to be President, is still doing well and poses a threat to the Romney camp. According to the Real Clear Politics average, he's up 8.3 points in Ohio! :)

Which is a nice segway into my next topic- SUPER TUESDAY!!!!! Oh man I really can't wait.... I know I'll just be a big ball of nerves on Tuesday which in case you were wondering is only 5 days away (Yes I'm counting!) This is the day that could very well give the GOP, their Nominee for President! I, being a Texan am highly highly, highly frustrated by the fact that the Texas primaries will not be on Super Tuesday as planned but on May 29th! I won't even be in the country then to see the results! I guess I'll have to find some Wi-Fi somewhere I'm going to have to. That is to say IF the election even lasts that long! Grrr it makes me so upset!

In other news, I am taking the Hillsdale's Constitution Course online. May I just say it is wonderful, and I highly recommend that everyone take it! It's free and very insightful!

Also, I've been reading some awesome books lately. The only one I've actually finished (my ADD brain) is "How Do You Kill 11 Million People?" by Andy Andrews. Now I know the name sounds weird but trust me this book is amazing! It's about how if we believe every lie the government tell to us we'll become more or less like the people in Nazi Germany. Not in that we'll be taken to concentration camps, but that government can have total power if we let them. It’s a very interesting and very eye-opening read. It took me about 45 minutes to finish it (and I'm a slow reader) It's very short but essential.

The other one setting on my bookshelf is "Ameritopia" by Mark Levin. It is along the same lines as Andy Andrew's book. I haven't gotten through very much of it but from the pages I have read 3/4 of them are highlighted!

The final one is a very old "Classic" book for Americans. "Democracy in America" by Alexis de Tocqueville. Again one I haven't gotten very far in yet, I know is an incredible read!

As for my personal life, well politics is basically it. Politics and school. Also trying daily to serve God in everything I do!

My dad and I have been watching "The West Wing" with Martin Sheen. In spite of its Liberalism and wacky politics, it's a good show. Well written and acted. It's interesting to watch "behind the scenes" of the White House even though it's not real.

I'm also looking at laptops. Trying to find the one that will best suit my needs as a student and a political freak. It is quite the process I must say, especially on a budget!

Most of you know that I was blessed to be casted in yet another Quo Vadis production in the part of Anne in "Anne of Green Gables" It's going very well. I just love it and can hardly wait for the show!

Finally, I want to say rest in peace to a a great Conservative Andrew Breitbart

I think that's it for now!

Until next time-

"Beware the ides of March."

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment