Patriotic Picture of the day

Friday, February 10, 2012

Meeting Rick Santorum > Meeting Justin Bieber

Wow. Wow. Wow. There is so much to say that I think I'll only share the most exciting thing!

I MET RICK SANTORUM!!!

Here's the story:

I found out last Friday that Rick Santorum would be in town on Wednesday. I was beside myself when I heard! I made my mom promise to take me.

So, fast forward to Tuesday night, a few people think that Rick Santorum may do well in Minnesota, never predicting more than a Minnesota and a Missouri win in the primary on Tuesday night. I went to bed really early so, I didn't get to watch all the results as they came in.

On Wednesday morning, my mom woke me up, before I could say anything she said, "He won all three!" (Colorado, Minnesota, and Missouri) I was dumbfounded. (for those of you who know me that doesn't really happen...) All I could do was laugh with happiness! Then, I got on the computer and checked out all my favorite new sites and I was shocked and so happy! No body believed it, all day on talk radio people couldn't believe what had happened on Tuesday night.

So, Wednesday goes by reaallllly slowly, I really wanted it to hurry up and be 7pm so I could hear Rick Santorum live! Finally, we left for the rally! My dad went straight there from work (bless him) so, we got to be some of the very first people in the building! Oh man it was so awesome! The place was very Texan. It was in a party barn, there was a band who sang "Don't Stop Believing", and 'Jesus Is Just Alright" among other songs. It was great, They passed out a very limited number of campaign signs and because we were so close, I was lucky enough to get one! Originality, Rick Santorum was going to be able to meet and shake hand afterwards... However, he had to go be on the Hannity show that night so, he couldn't do any of that. "Okay" I thought, "No big deal, I wasn't even really thinking I would get to meet him anyhow, just being here hearing him talk in person is awesome enough!"

So, at 7pm he comes out on the stage, and he delivers a great speech. Seriously probably one of the greatest speeches I've ever heard. He talked about how great America is, how why the Greatest Generation was the greatest; "because, they were willing to serve when they were called." It was awesome.

Then, as he was almost finished with his speech, my second mother, Mrs.M, leaned over and handed to me, A VIP All Access Pass!! I was so excited I could hardly believe it. I wasn't sure what it meant or, what I got to do with it but I thought I would have a better chance of meeting Rick Santorum with it! My friend who was with us got one too.

Then, after his speech my friend and I made our way through the crowd and, there he was, Rick Santorum, stopping with a few people signing books, posing for pictures, ect. Then, as he was about to leave (I heard one of the Secret Service against say "He's gotta leave!") He stopped, shook mine, and my friend's hand and he signed my campaign sign!! I had this whole little speech prepared for if I ever got to meet him but all I could say was "Thank you sir, thank you!"

It was for sure with out a doubt in my mind the best night ever!

Mrs. M, if you're reading this, I really owe all of it to you, thank you soo sooooo much for getting the VIP pass for me! I love you! :)

And that ladies and gentlemen, is the story of how I meet Rick Santorum. How cool is that? Someday when he hopefully become the President of the United State of America I can say I got to meet him and that is waaaay better than meeting Justin Bieber for sure!

My signed sign! :)

Texas gave Rick Santorum a cowboys hat!

Me, with my VIP All Access Pass!! :)

Rick Santorum, Giving an amazing speech!

My little brother and I! :)

Yes we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment