Patriotic Picture of the day

Sunday, December 25, 2011

"What about Jesus?"

This Christmas season, I've noticed a thing that has become very popular. He's name is the "Elf on the Self" I had no idea who he was until last night (Christmas Eve) For those of you who, like me, have no idea what that cute little Red-suited man that's been all over this year is all about let me tell you, He is Santa's helper. He stays on the self all day and at night, he goes back to the North Pole and tells Santa if the children he's been watching have been naughty or, nice. He then reappears in the morning in a new place. He comes out on Thanksgiving day and goes back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve's night. If you touch him, he looses his magic.

Now, that is just about one of the cutest Christmas things I'd ever heard of. I found myself wanting one!

As I was telling my family about the Elf on the Self, my mom jokingly asked if there was one that watched you all year long to which, my brother said "Mom, what about Jesus?" I didn't think much more about what he said until this morning when, I woke up and my mom was telling me how much she had been thinking about what my brother said.

My brother was right. What about Jesus? Isn't he watching us all year long? Should we not act as he would want us to act? Yes, we all sin. Shouldn't we be thinking about what Jesus would do? Shouldn't we live like Jesus is watching us? Because, he is. He is watching us all the time. He loves us and as the verse Micah 6:8 says

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment